Thursday, June 23, 2011

June 23, 2011: Grenoble - Last French, Last Lunch, Last Scrabble

And another day of Grenoble "lasts". I attended my last Café Français in the morning, where, even though I was departing, a new member joined us (and I was able to correct his mistake that the United States is "Éstat-Unis").

From there several friends joined me for a last lunch, at a fantastic restaurant suggested by Bernard - Le 18/36, the brasserie of the Fantin Latour restaurant which is one of the best Grenoble restaurants. What a fantastic meal - beautiful surroundings, lovely service, good conversation and delicious food. This was probably the nicest meal I had in Grenoble - what a way to end!

And after lunch a last Scrabble game with Sheree. It may not be easy to find myself another such well-matched partner when I get back to Toronto.

The beautiful interior courtyard of Le 18/36 (unfortunately rain prior in the day prevented us from eating outside)

From left to right: Bernard, Viv, Sheree, me, Linda (and Masato, behind the camera)

The pond at Caserne de Bonne, on our last evening stroll

No comments:

Post a Comment